Credit transfer and Recognition


What is credit recognition?

It is ESNE’s acceptance of the credits awarded to the student in official higher education or in university institutions, as long as certain requirements are met.

Who can apply for a credit recognition?

You can apply for a Credit Recognition evaluation as long as you have been accepted in a BA official programme and you have already taken some of these programmes:

  • Títulos Universitarios de Grado, Diplomados, Licenciados o Arquitectos (Bachelor’s degrees or equivalent)
  • Ciclos Formativos de Grado Superior (Associate’s Degree, NVQ 4 or equivalent)
  • Título de técnico superior de Formación Profesional (Advanced Expert or Senior Technician certificate)

Students with foreign university studies which are equivalent to any of degrees of the Spanish official Higher Education.

And future students whose career and experience is directly related with competences of the pursued degree.

How can I apply for a Credit Recognition Evaluation?

You must complete this application form providing at least the minimum information required or through the University Orientation Service (Servicio de Orientación Universitaria).

What supporting documents do I have to submit?

You should provide a photocopy of your valid DNI, NIE or passport; the completed application form along with some documentation, original and stamped by your home university, which will depend on your completed study programme.

  • University programmes:
    • Academic transcript
    • Official curriculum of the programme
    • Syllabus of completed subjects or modules
  • Bachelor’s degrees or equivalent (Diplomados, Licenciados o Arquitectos):
  • Academic transcript
  • Official curriculum published in BOE
  • Syllabus of completed subjects or modules
  • Associate’s Degree, NVQ 4 or equivalent (Ciclo Formativo de Grado Superior):
    • Academic transcript
    • Official curriculum published in BOE
  • Advanced Expert or Senior Technician certificate (Título de Técnico Superior de Formación Profesional):
    • Academic transcript
    • Official curriculum published in BOE
  • Foreign University Programmes:
    • Academic transcript.
    • Certificate of non-completion of the undertaken studies (at home university) issued by the home university or negative resolution for validation of the foreign degree issued by the Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte, as long as the aforementioned resolution leaves open the possibility for a partial validation.
    • Foreign documents need to be legalised through diplomatic channels or, if applicable, through the Apostille of The Hague (countries under Hague Convention).
    • They will also need to be translated by either the Office of Language Interpretation of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Oficina de Interpretación de Lenguas del Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores) or by official organisations recognised by Spain (UNESCO, Organisation of Ibero-American States…) or by a sworn translator, duly authorised or registered in Spain.
  • Professional career experience:
    • Certificate issued by the General Treasury of the Social Security (Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social) stating the company, employment status (employee’s group) and term of employment.
    • Employment contract or certificate issued by the company where the professional experience has been acquired, specifically stating the employment terms, the developed activity and the employment start and end dates.

When can you apply for a Credit Recognition Evaluation?

The period for applying for the Credit Recognition Evaluation and submitting the above stated supporting documents starts with the beginning of the admissions period for the next academic year and the deadline is the last working day of September of the current year.

How will you receive the Credit Recognition Evaluation?

Once you have submitted the application form for the Credit Recognition Evaluation and the supporting academic documents, the Academic Committee will produce a “Preliminary Evaluation Report” (void of administrative validity), with the information of the credits which could be validated.

The “Preliminary Evaluation Report” will be sent to the email address provided on the application form.

When will the Preliminary Evaluation Report become binding?

In order for the “Preliminary Evaluation Report” to become binding and to therefore make credit transfer and recognition possible, the student must meet the following requirements:

  1. Having taken and passed the Admission Tests set by ESNE.
  2. Having received the Admission Letter.
  3. Having completed the enrolment on an administrative and academic level, being enrolled on a minimum of 30 credits (apart from those submitted to recognition).
  4. Accepting the Preliminary Evaluation Report, signing it formally and in person at the office of the Academic Office (Secretaría Académica).
  5. The Academic Committee will verify that all requirements are met (admission, enrolment, documentation…) and will produce the Credit Recognition Binding Report.

The Academic Committee will notify the student, who will need to sign the report at the Secretaría Académica. Then they must make the possible changes needed in their official enrolment.

How the Binding Credit Recognition Report benefits me?

Once the Binding Credit Recognition Report is accepted by the student and the credit transfer is made in the official academic transcript, the student will not have to attend the classes of the subjects corresponding to the validated subjects in the report.

The validated subject in ESNE’s current degree will be graded with the same numeric mark as the corresponding passed subject at the home university.

In the event that there is no a numeric mark in the official transcript, the validated subject in ESNE will appear as validated, but without a numeric mark, implying that it will not be considered for the grade point average.

For economic purposes, the student will benefit from a 75% discount in the recognised credits, and therefore he will only pay 25% of the recognised credits.