- THE STUDIES THAT ARE COURSED IN ESNE ARE UNIVERSITY DEGREES? ARE THEY OFFICIAL?
The courses in ESNE are official university studies adapted to Bologna. These university degrees are structured in four courses of 60 ECTS each, that add up to a total sum of 240 ECTS at the end of the studies.
ESNE, as an associated centre, offers a university education regulated by the university to which it is associated to and this university is the one which issues the corresponding degree title.
These official studies provide access to official postgraduate programmes as well as the possibility to carry out any open examinations.
- HOW ARE THE ECTS STRUCTURED?
An ECTS represents about 30 hours of student work. The distribution of the hours in each subject will vary depending on the degree of difficulty established by ESNE’s Academic Management. These hours may be divided into: lectures, practical classes, tests, seminars, tutoring and student´s own work.
- WHAT DOES THE RECOGNITION OF ECTS CONSIST ON?
The recognition of ECTS means that the host University will accept the ECTS obtained by the student in official education, in the same or in another University, for its computation in other studies with the purpose of obtaining an official title.
- WHAT IS AN ECTS CREDIT TRANSFER?
The transfer of credits means that the official academic documents certifying the studies followed by each student, will be included in the total number of credits obtained in official courses studied before, which have not led to an official degree in the same or in another university. This information will be reflected in the European Supplement joined to the Degree Title.
- HOW CAN I ACCESS ESNE UNIVERISTY DEGREES?
Access includes several options:
- COU + Selectividad examination.
- High School Diploma + PAU.
- High School Diploma from other countries duly + PAU, if needed.
- Higher Vocational Education.
- Students who have completed the Access Examination for students older than 25, 40 or/and 45 years.
- Graduates of other Degrees, or students who have begun official university studies of another Degree.
- Students with official studies carried out abroad that give access.
For more information please contact us at:
- IS AN AVERAGE GRADE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ACCESS THESE STUDIES?
ESNE does not require an average grade to access studies. Due to the specificity of the degrees, the potential students must carry out specific tests for admission.
- WHAT ARE THE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE STUDIED ABROAD?
All the requirements equivalent to the corresponding Spanish requirements to Access University degrees have to have been surpassed in the country of origin.
- IS THE UNIVERISTY ACCESS EXAMINATION (SELECTIVIDAD) NECESSARY TO ENROLL IN ESNE?
Yes, you are required to have passed the Selectividad Examination as it is required by the law for access to official degree studies.
- IS IT NECESSARY TO HAVE COURSED A SPECIFIC HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAMME?
In ESNE we are looking for talent, so it is not necessary to have coursed a specific High School programme. To verify that your profile is suited for the degree you choose to study, we performed our own admission tests.
- WHAT DO THE ADMISSION TESTS CONSIST ON?
The admission texts consist on:
- Drawing test.
- General culture test.
- English test (Listening and grammar test). The English test aims to verify if the candidate has a sufficient knowledge of the language in order to be able to follow the English subjects included in the respective degrees.
- Personal interview.
- CAN I HAVE ACCESS TO A SCHOLARSHIP?
Yes, ESNE has a scholarship program. All scholarships and study grants offered by ESNE are compatible with those offered by the different Comunidades Autónomas and the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
Scholarships or study grants from ESNE are not cumulative, i.e., each student may only benefit from one of them.
Consult the offer of scholarships and grants for ESNE
Who can apply for a scholarship?
All students who are admitted to ESNE to pursue an Official University Degree.
What procedures should I follow?
- You have to be an ESNE student. If you’re not, you previously have to apply for the admission test for new students. You will be given access to the test after contacting with the University’s Department of Orientation and Information on +34 91 555 25 28.
- Apply for scholarship/assistance. You will have to submit the application, duly completed, providing the required documentation respecting the deadline and form to the University Information Service. This will be given to the academic Director, who will process it and provide you with an answer.
- Meet all the requirements established in order to apply for a scholarship/study grant.
Which are the existing scholarships/study grants?
- Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES).
- Grants for internships in ESNE
- Scholarship for SEK students.
NOTE: Only for the University Degrees in Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design and Video Games
- Aid for university students with disabilities
- Aid for Families
- Scholarships for young creators
Almost all financial institutions (banks), have study loans for undergraduate or graduate students.
- ARE WE REQUIRED A CERTAIN HIGH SCHOOL OPTION IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS A DEGREE IN ESNE?
Degrees do not have a specific requirement in this regard.
- DOES ESNE HAVE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMMES?
In the third year the mandatory internships in companies begin. They are part of the Course Curriculum of the degrees, and are the equivalent for around 360 hours of training.
ESNE always tries to obtain internships for its students in recognized companies of the industry. And, although mandatory training begins in the third year, from the first year students may perform training and projects within programmes that ESNE has with different companies.
- ARE THE DEGREES TAUGHT IN ENGLISH? WHICH SUBJECTS ARE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH?
The degrees do not have a bilingual option in English, however some subjects are taught in English. The ideal minimum language level to start with is a B2.
- IS IT POSSIBLE TO VISIT ESNE’s CAMPUS?
It is possible and we invite you to come and try the ESNE experience. It is a different, vivid campus and we are thrilled to receive the visit of future students and their families.
- I AM A STUDENT FROM OUTSIDE OF MADRID, DOES ESNE HELP ME FIND ACCOMMODATION?
Being a centre of reference in Spain for Design, 45% of our students come from outside of Madrid. For this reason we help our students find accommodation. Please contact our Department of University Orientation and Information on +34 91 555 25 28.
We will be happy to assist you personally.